Hello, I've been casually browsing since viewing Jack Olsen's 12 gauge garage and waiting for the right opportunity to start mine. Luckily I am still working so I am enlisting the help of my nephews (19 & 21) and will have my kids (7 & 12) in there as much as possible. I am not looking to win any awards, just trying to have the kids learn some skills and update my garage. So I come to you with my thoughts and lots of questions. My main goals are to get everything off of the floors, organized, add electrical outlets and leave room for a plug in exercise bike.
1. Insulation, I'm not too worried about cost but since I live in Southern California should I bother?
2. I rarely plug anything in on this side of garage - should I run outlets anyway?
3. Cover with plywood or OSB?
4. Add Proslat to hang the tools that I keep or should I use something else?
5. Hang my 1up bike rack
1. Lowes Gladiator GearLoft or ?
2. Snap On Chests - any rolling stands I should use? I will need to leave room for chests as they open upwards.
1. Lowes Gear Loft
2. Lowes Galdiator Shelves or Costco Whalen Racks?
3. Should I attempt to restore\sand workbench?
1. Romex or should I go with flexible conduit?
2. Overhead lighting what should I do?
3. Insulate Garage door?
4. Bike rack that keeps bike easily accessible
5. Keep hanging storage racks or replace with permanent storage
Images are not working below is a link to Google Doc Share:
West Wall 2