Millionaires bacon is guaranteed to change your breakfast game forever especially if youre still cooking bacon on the stovetop. A decadently deluxe mashup of sweetness, spice, and smoke, this candied bacon is an oven-baked wonder. Trust me: Youll feel like a million bucks when you serve slow-roasted, thick-cut bacon encrusted in a spicy brown sugar glaze as part of your next breakfast spread.
SERVES4 to 6
PREP TIME:5 minutes
COOKING TIME:30 minutes to 35 minutes
- 1/4cuppacked light brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoonground ginger
- 1poundthick-cut bacon (about 10 slices)
- Arrange rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and ginger in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the bacon and toss until the slices are coated in the sugar mixture. Transfer the bacon to the baking sheet and arrange close together in a single layer, making sure the slices do not overlap. Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the slices and bake until the bacon is chewy, deeply caramelized, and the fat is rendered, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and set aside until the sugar sets slightly, about 1 minute. Use tongs to transfer the slices to a clean sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Make ahead: The bacon can be made up to 4 days in advance. Reheat in a microwave for 20 seconds.
Storage: Refrigerate bacon in an airtight container for up to 4 days.