Onset, Massachusetts, makes a greatboating and dining destination.
Dock or Anchor
- Designated federal anchorage:5-15 feet of water, between Wickets and Onset Islands.
- Town of Wareham/Onset Town Pier:Free transient dockage at the pier, space-permitting, and guest moorings in the harbor. Reserve onlineor contact the Harbormaster at (508) 291-3100 ext. 3180.
- Stonebridge Marina:On Broad Cove, a short walk from the village center. Primarily for powerboats 35 feet and under, although it also maintains several deep-water moorings.
- Safe Harbor Onset Bay Marina: Full-service, year-round facilityfor vessels up to 120 feet, with slips, moorings and valet rack storage.
- Guest slips and moorings sometimes available viaPoint Independence Yacht Club, located between the two marinas above. Reciprocal privileges offered to members of other yacht clubs.
Stonebridge Bar and Grill
Conveniently located at Stonebridge Marina,Stonebridge Bar and Grillspecializes in seafood, grilled steaks and Italian dishes. Tip: mariners in small boats (26 and under) can dock at the marina at no charge while they dine.
Stashs Onset Beach
Right on the wharf isStashs Onset Beach, which serves typical New England clam shack fare, New York-style pizza, burgers, hot dogs and a variety of other dishes, including homemade lasagna. It has outdoor and indoor seating overlooking the beach and the Town Pier.
Hip, happeningQuahog Republicis a haven for lovers of lobster rolls, fish-and-chips, raw oysters and, of course, stuffed quahogs. Not to be missed is their Bloody Mary featuring a pepper-, sun-dried-tomato- and garlic-infused vodka garnished with bacon.
If you hanker for delicious thin-crust pizza, along with subs, pasta, steamed clams or fried onion rings,Marc Anthonyspopular pizzeria is also a few steps from the wharf. This big, boisterous place is a favorite aprs-beach hangout, especially among kids, who can hammer away at video games while the adults share a pie and a pitcher of beer at the long communal tables.