This is a nice dough that sticks to the cookie sheets very well, and the recipe is easily cut in half:@)
Buttery Yeast Spritz Cookies-from Allrecipes
1 envelope yeast= 2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 Tblsp warm water
2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla-optional but recommended
4 C A/P flour
- Dissolve yeast and water in small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add yolks, yeast and vanilla if using. Mix well.
- Add flour, mix until combined. It may look crumbly, let sit for a minute or two and press together with your hands.
- Load cookie press, press dough onto cool, ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with sugar or sprinkles if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-11 minutes or until slightly brown on bottom.
- Remove cookies to cookie rack to cool.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)