This Giant Gingerbread Man Activity for Kids is SUCH an easy project to set up! I love it for that reason, and my kids love it because they get to be creative and play with paint!! Your kids will love painting their own giant gingerbread man, too! Of course, this is an extremely easy project to create, but there are a few tips and tricks to make the experience extra great, which I’ll share below.
Instructions for Giant Gingerbread Man Activity for Kids
As you can see, this project is an easy one! You only need a few simple supplies to get started:
Supplies for Giant Gingerbread Man Art Activity
- Kraft Paper – I always buy kraft paper in the painting section at my superstore. You’ll find it next to the drop cloths and house paint brushes. It’s much more inexpensive than the craft paper found in the wrapping paper or packing/shipping sections!
- Painting Tape – Use painting tape or masking tape.
- Craft Paint Brushes – A mix of larger and smaller ones are great for painting the larger spaces and also the tiny details.
- Kids Craft Paint – This paint I have linked is my FAVORITE because the colors are bright, the paint is very opaque, and it’s truly washable!
The first step for the Giant Gingerbread Man Activity for Kids is to cut a piece of kraft paper about a foot longer than your child’s height. Tape the kraft paper to the floor. Next, with a pencil, trace your child’s silhouette loosely on the paper. This makes the gingerbread person shape.
Trace over the pencil line with a black marker. That way we can see the edges of the gingerbread man!
Lastly, let your child paint the gingerbread with their own design! They can create it to look like themselves or the traditional gingerbread man. There is no wrong way to do this activity! Truly! It’s just about creating festive art in a fun way!
More Christmas Activities and Games for Kids
- Playdough Gingerbread House DIY Activity for Kids
- Scrapbook Paper Christmas Tree Activity
- Left Right Christmas Game
- craft paints
- kraft paper
- painters tape
- paint brushes
- Cut a piece of kraft paper about two feet higher than your child. Tape the ends of the kraft paper to the floor with painters tape.
- Loosely trace your child with a pencil on the paper to create the gingerbread person shape. Trace over the pencil with a black marker.
- Let your child paint on their gingerbread person however they'd like! The options are endless!
- Let the paint dry at least one hour or until completely dry!