- The coronavirus impact has been catastrophic for all kinds of businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, with airlines, the hospitality industry, and live entertainment venues hit particularly hard.
- After being inspired by the resurgence of drive-in theaters, one entertainment company in Tokyo, Japan, has decided to open a drive-in haunted house.
- It's a creative entertainment option that also takes social distancing into account.
The coronavirus impact has been swift and brutal across a range of industries, devasting small and large businesses alike and reshaping expectations around how companies can safely engage with consumers. Along with things like airline travel and the hospitality industry, entertainment venues have been decimated for the past six months or so of the coronavirus pandemic in the US. How are you supposed to responsibly watch a live music performance at a club, or enjoy something like a sports game at an indoor complex, while also staying socially-distanced from a massive crowd of people?
Just in the past few days, event organizers in the UK took a stab at trying to safely re-imagine what a concert experience might look like in the age of the coronavirus. An outdoor venue in Gosforth Park, in the northern England city of Newcastle, has started hosting concerts by corralling small groups of people in raised metal platform pens that are spread out to account for social distancing. In Tokyo, meanwhile, people are getting even more creative.
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: Amazon’s BIG Summer Sale, Lysol spray, Clorox wipes, ice cream maker, more
- Today’s best deals: Rare chance to get Lysol spray, Clorox wipes, 48¢ face masks, smart TV sale, Belkin blowout, more
- Hurry: Amazon forgot 3M face masks and NIOSH filters are only supposed to be for hospitals
Trending Right Now:
- You might be surprised at this new coronavirus advice from Dr. Fauci
- If you have any of these products in your home, throw them away immediately
- Are you getting a $1,200 stimulus check? A $12,000 check? Here’s the latest news
COVID-19 inspired someone to open a drive-in haunted house, and it’s terrifying originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 15 Aug 2020 at 09:01:39 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.